How to Choose a Suitable Sandblaster for Optimum Results?
Today, Sandblasters has become essential tool for smoothing & polishing rough surfaces before painting and resurfacing. A sandblaster shoots out pressurized sand, or other abrasive material, at a high rate of speed to clean debris from items to a smooth finish. It can also be used for etching delicate glass apart from it paint, dirt, rust and corrosion can easily blasted by sandblaster. In this process any small, relatively uniform particles can work like steel grit, copper slag, walnut shells, powdered abrasives, even bits of coconut shell.
By using an alternate air supply, protective wear, and proper ventilation, Sandblaster carefully controls the dangers of inhaling dust during the sandblasting. For effective sandblasting one should know the type of sandblasters, as results depend on the types of machine they use. Before buying a sandblaster it is important to decide in which projects sandblaster will be used. Only then one can be sure they are buying the best sandblasters for their particular needs. There are several different types and sizes of sandblasters can be found in the market but range in style from simple, gravity-fed and siphon types are more demanding and easier to use pressure sandblasters.
Types of Sandblasters:
- Gravity-fed Sandblaster:Gravity-fed sandblasters use gravity (as its name implies) to get the job done. Sand is placed in a container which is mounted to the top of the gun that hooked up to an air compressor. In Gravity-Fed Sandblaster, if trigger is pressed, blasting out of the nozzle at a high rate of speed, sand can fall from the container.
- Siphon types of Sandblaster:It is similar to gravity-fed sandblasters. The only difference between these sandblasters is the container of Siphon sandblaster is located below the nozzle instead of above it. At the time of sandblasting when air get released, the sand travels to the nozzle in suctions.
- Pressure types Sandblaster:It requires the highly pressurized canisters of sand for the processing, than blasted out of the container when the trigger is pulled. It is much easier to use than the other types but are more expensive. When old ones get empty, new canisters must be purchased because the sand cannot be reused.
- Mini Sandblaster:Mini sandblasters are perfect for removing rust or old paint from cars in preparation for refinishing work, it can easily move from one job to next. In Mini sandblasters a smaller nozzle would be used for glass and other projects.
- Large Sandblaster:It is used to remove old paint from a house before repainting and can also be used to remove paint from the car's body. Generally it is to be mounted like a bench or cabinet to keep them stable. For portability, they can be mounted to a cart with wheels.
- Industrial Sandblaster:Industrial sandblaster models mostly used for large, outside jobs that quickly remove paint and rust from large buildings and trucks bodies. These sandblasters are heavy-duty machines, also more expensive than traditional sandblasters. Generally, it is used by professionals for construction and renovation work.
After discussing the types of machines are suitable for different sandblasting jobs, it is also mandatory to know its features so that we can choose appropriate sandblaster for our industries. Let’s have a look on the features of Quality Spare centers sandblaster.
Features of Best Sandblaster
Quality Spare Center’s (The leading sandblaster manufacturer in India) Sandblasters come in many sizes and shapes and offers standard features. to quickly and effectively remove rust, paint, and other particles from vehicles and home exteriors. Before buying the best sandblasters for your particular needs, it is important to decide in which projects the sandblaster will be used. We do have the list of the features of a sandblaster described as below:
- Large fuel Tanks- it allow the user to get the job done without constantly refilling the tank.
- Sturdy Tires- Large, sturdy tires simply pull the sandblaster around the yard or work area.
- Large Hoppers- A large hopper can hold a lot of sand and other abrasive material to get the job done effectively.
- Comfortable Pistol grips- comfortable, handheld grip help eliminate blisters to spend more time on blasting.
- Pressure Controls are Adjustable- By this feature, if the sandblaster will be used for a variety of project sizes. A small or delicate item would not need as much pressure as a larger.
- Reusable Sand- A tarp can be stretched out on the ground to catch the sand as it is being blasted out of the sandblaster.
- Built-in Lights- Sandblasters with built-in lights are excellent for intricate work and small spaces. They eliminate the need for bulky flashlights.
- Abrasive Material Capabilities- It is able to use multiple abrasive materials such as walnut hulls, aluminum oxide, and glass beads, to achieve different results and effective smoothness.